The Sikh Research Institute (“SikhRI” or "Company" or "we" or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through its compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://sikhri.org/ (the "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to the information we collect:
- On the Website.
- In e-mail, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party; or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under 13 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at 470 Schooleys Mt. Road, Ste 614, Hackettstown, NJ 07840, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, or telephone number ("personal information");
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
The information we collect on or through the Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided when registering to use the Website, posting material, or requesting further services.
- You will have to enter your credit card information when donating. This information will NOT be stored on the TGGSP site. Our payment processing partners, CanadaHelps, PayPal, Stripe, Shopify & eCheck, provide solutions to prevent credit card and banking data from being compromised. All transactions through TGGSP use Transport Layer Security (TLS) to keep information secure.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website. If you donated anonymously, your name and e-mail address will not be revealed to other organizations/projects. TGGSP will keep a record of donations but won’t reveal this information.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses) if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and the fulfillment of your orders.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other website users with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that unauthorized persons will not view your User Contributions.
USAGE DETAILS, IP ADDRESSES
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not identify any individual. It helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website according to your interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain website features may use locally stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings used for browser cookies.
TGGSP respects your privacy and will never sell, trade, or rent your personal information to outside 3rd parties without consent. Your donation information will be available to the projects and organizations you donate to.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way, we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods, services, and updates that may interest you. If you do not want us to use your information this way, please check the relevant box on the form on which we collect your data and adjust your user preferences in your account profile.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, and those bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of TGGSP's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by TGGSP about the Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of TGGSP, our customers, or others.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
We do not control third parties collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide ways to refrain from having your information collected or used this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's Website.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the website and visiting your account profile page.You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information you provided. We cannot delete your personal information. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Suppose you delete your User Contributions from the Website. In that case, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or have been copied or stored by other Website users.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at 470 Schooleys Mt. Road, Ste 614, Hackettstown, NJ 07840.
We have implemented measures to secure your personal information from accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumventing the website's privacy settings or security measures.